Step 1 – Talk to people
- Under what conditions do you dream most?
- Do you think your dreams represent some of your memory or what will happen in the future?
- Do you interested in understand other one’s dreams?
- Did you talk with your family or friends about your dream? And what is the most impressive dream?
- Do you want to use your dream world to express another side of yourself and release your pressure.
- Do you want to share your dream contents with others? And allowed others to get into your dream and leave some messages?
- Do you want to record your dream? And may be look back it?
- Yumeng Shi – 23 years old
- Hanyu Tan- 25 years old
- Qingqing Wang – 21 years old
- Yueqin Ni -28 years old
- Sophia Cai – 24 years old
Step 2 – Immerse yourself
1. research topics and talks about psychology and brain dreams
This Ted Talk represent the relationships between our brain dreams and psychology. Many of us will experience some kind of trauma during our lifetime. Sometimes, we escape with no long-term effects. But for millions of people, those experiences linger, causing symptoms like flashbacks, nightmares, and negative thoughts that interfere with everyday life. Joelle Rabinow Maletis details the science behind post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD.
2. talk with Proessor Mark Skwarek in IDM program about the AR and Motion Capture, and trying to figure out how can new technology and new media help to realize a better virtual dream world.
Step 3 – Method hunting
This project is about Dream Content and Political Ideology. This study focuses on the relationship of dream content and political ideology in a contemporary U.S. context. The study involved 56 people, 28 (14 male and 14 female) who identified themselves as members of the political right and 28 (14 male and 14 female) who identified themselves as members of the political left.
I feel like it is a useful method and I would like to survey different people in different ages and different psychologic status and then analyze the content of their dreams and trying to find some interesting comments in their dreams. The method analyzes the ideology information, and the aim of it is to explore the relationships between dreams and humans memory and some really abstract concept in their dreams
Step 4 – Experiment
a. What new media and technology can help people to represent and perform their dreams in a unique virtual way?
– experiment a: using the motion capture, Maya and AR to represent and perform a virtual role in a dream.
b. How do human dreams relate to phenomenology and neurophysiology?
c.What kind of experiences and feedback do people want in their dreams?
Step 5 – Dialogic Journal